Friday, October 29, 2010

O’Connor’s Irish Pub

 

photo2photo6

If you know where the Kanata AMC is located, you can’t miss the O’Connor’s Irish Pub as it is located directed next to it.  Apparently it is the Capital’s Favourite Irish Pub.   

On October 28th, 2010 my husband and I decided to go there with our Entertainment Book coupon while the kids where at their Awana night.    Gotta love have Thursday nights as a date!     *grin*

It wasn’t our first experience with O’Connors as we have been there before.    But that evening, we wanted to see if we could have a meal under 20$.  

So we picked some of the least expansive items on the menu.   Isabelle took an O’Connor’s Burger which was a 7 oz homemade burger topped with tomato, lettuce and red onion on a baked kaiser served with caesar salad with salad dressing on the side.  Rob decided to try the chicken strips which were ender all breast chicken fingers served with golden fries.

As usual we shared our meals so that both of us could try what the other has chosen.    I was a bit disappointed that the waiter has not brought the mustard and relish to garnish the burger.   Ketchup was on the table though.   Thank goodness!    We split our plates and ate fully.     I was in the mood for a good and tasty burger and I was not disappointed with it (even without mustard and relish!).  However my husband thought that a slice of cheese would have been good on it.    *grin*   What can I say – he loves cheese!    The chicken strips were very tender and delicious as well.   This meal is served with plum sauce only.    I think it would be better to offer more sauces like BBQ, Thai, Honey Garlic and so on.   

I also like the possibility of having the  salad dressing on the side.   The salad and the fries were good as well.   We had a great conversation throughout the meal.

However, I personally dislike the HUGE screen and the TVs all over the place.  I understand that it is a pub but honestly I would prefer that entertainment would stick to music and such.   At one point during the meal the sound level of the sport event that was going on went up and it bothered me a lot.   I mean it’s one thing to have the images flying around but to have the sound on top of it – major dislike for me…

We came out of this evening satisfied in our stomach but a bit disappointed as well.   I guess it was to be expected with the type of meal we chose.   After all, burgers and chicken strips can easily be made at home.  After we picked up the kids, they wanted to know what we had.   It’s a game for them in a way.  They want to know if we had fun.   We told them that it was pretty much ordinary but in the end we were able to dine for 17$ including tips.  

dinner-movie-icon1They also have a special titled DINNER & A MOVIE 7 days a week.   This special is priced as follow:  Adults 17.95$ and Kids 11,95$

 

 

O'CONNOR'S IRISH PUB
Kanata Centrum
650 Earl Grey Drive
Kanata, ON K2T 1H6
(613) 270-0367

No comments:

Post a Comment